Electek Power Services Inc., an affiliate of Bluewater Power Corporation, provides an unparalleled array of highly specialized electrical services to industrial businesses.
The High Voltage Field Service Technician is a full-time permanent union position. The High Voltage Field Service Technicians major responsibility is to participate in and direct the performance of preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, construction and repair of high voltage electrical.
- Ensuring all electrical maintenance and project work is completed within Health, Safety and Environmental guidelines.
- Ensuring equipment deficiencies are detailed, evaluated, and corrective actions are taken.
- Preparing reports, business cases and budgets for recommended preventative measures.
- Performing facility inspections and commissioning.
- Inspecting and testing various electrical equipment and mechanical equipment controls.
- Analyzing test results to determine status of equipment.
- Installing and testing instrument metering.
- Recording and storing on equipment files test data.
- Selecting and procuring various equipment and technical information to successfully complete projects.
- Operating a motor vehicle and various types of equipment including test equipment.
- Diploma or degree in Electrical Power Technology program or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience related to High Voltage and Substation Electrician experience in an electrical utility or industrial setting
- Certificate of proficiency as a Journeyman Power Systems Electrician or Journeyman Construction and Maintenance Electrician or eligible to be enrolled as an Apprentice in same
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Physical ability to work on all transformer station and distribution system equipment, protection and control apparatus’, in both an inside and outside environment.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Willingness to travel as required.
Interested, qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume detailing their experience and accomplishments to:
Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 2140
Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7L6
Include in the subject line: High Voltage Field Service Technician (Sudbury)
Please note this position will remain open until filled.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank you in advance for your interest in Electek Power Services, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.