Electek Power Services Inc., an affiliate of Bluewater Power Corporation, provides an unparalleled array of highly specialized electrical services to industrial businesses.
The Intermediate Engineer is a full-time permanent position. The Intermediate Engineer is responsible for all aspects of electrical project development, including but not limited to, project cost estimate, detailed project design, scheduling, management and quality assurance and control. This position is accountable for all required technical support to the project construction, commissioning and testing services for all projects within the corporation and the companyâ€™s clients.
- Provide detailed designs to medium and high voltage substations
- Create substation single line diagram, station layout, and equipment protection and control schematics
- Perform electrical power system study and analysis
- Create technical specifications, calculations and sketches
- Prepare projects cost estimates and schedules
- Create specifications for procurement of materials and equipment
- Create detailed project construction scope of work
- Direct and coordinate electrical project planning and implementation ensuring compliance with specifications, codes, and work scope requirements
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized educational institution
- Minimum three (3) yearsâ€™ experience of related work experience; medium and high voltage electrical system design experience an asset
- Eng., or E.I.T. qualified for registering as a P.Eng. with Professional Engineers of Ontario
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD design software and MS Office software
- Knowledge and experience with SKM or ETAP electrical power system analysis software is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of technical standards (IEEE, CSA, ESA, and etc.)
- Ability to work in a time-critical environment
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Valid Ontario Driverâ€™s License
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and weekends
Interested, qualified applicants are invited to e-mail a resume detailing their experience and accomplishments to email@example.com and include in the subject line: Intermediate Engineer
This position is open until filled, with the first review of applications on May 5, 2023 (and periodically thereafter, as needed).
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank you in advance for your interest in Electek Power Services, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.